Unusual Spy Gadgets
Unique Spy Gear and Gadgets including pens, sunglasses, hidden cameras, and even dive goggles with a video recorder built in.
How to Join the CIA
Learning How to Join the CIA
If you’re interested in keeping America safe you should consider a career with the CIA. The Central Intelligence Agency is a civilian (non-military) organization that is responsible for providing the United States government with data on foreign threats. When the President of the United States wants action to be taken against a threatening foreign entity, the CIA is at his beck and call. Though the US military is responsible for a good portion of peace-keeping work, the CIA is the the organization our country calls on when it wants covert action taken quickly, and with fewer protocols than military action.
Want to know how to join the CIA? Well, I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you . . .
The History of the CIA
Because of movies and television, most people think of the CIA as a group of mysterious spies, slipping out of their wetsuits into perfectly tailored tuxedos and shooting poison darts into the necks of terrorists. The truth is that most CIA agents are not “spies” in the traditional sense — only a very small portion of CIA agents work covertly in the field. In fact, only one division of the CIA employs such “spies” — the National Clandestine Service — while the majority of CIA agents are more like police officers sitting at desks and communicating with the government.
If you want to know how to join the CIA because you enjoy your martinis shaken and not stirred you may be barking up the wrong tree. Besides — James Bond is British and works for the British MI6.
The first American organization to supply the kind of intelligence that today’s CIA works with was the Office of Strategic Services, considered the grandfather of the Central Intelligence Agency. This group was created during World War II to provide various spy services behind enemy lines.
When Harry Truman disbanded the OSS in October of 1945, these duties were split between various government organizations. Truman then went on to form the Central Intelligence Group in early 1946 (despite loud protest from both the FBI and the US military) in order to consolidate espionage and intelligence efforts. Since 1947, the organization has been known as the CIA.
How to Join the CIA
1. To be a CIA agent you must be a United States citizen. Born outside of the country? No problem — as long as you attain your citizenship, you can go through the process of becoming a CIA agent.
2. Keep your nose clean. To join the CIA you must go through the most rigorous security clearance procedures in the world. Think you background check for your job pumping gas was tough? Though it is impossible to say what exact procedures the CIA uses to separate the wheat from the chaff, you pretty much need to be a perfect citizen from birth. That means having a good credit score, no criminal record, making excellent grades, maintaining a good reputation, even staying faithful to your spouse. Though no one is “perfect”, the CIA is highly selective — even the activities of your friends and family could keep you out of the Central Intelligence Agency.
3. Just say “no”. According to the CIA’s website, any drug use within a year of your application or background check will automatically disqualify you, and it is possible that drug use at any point in your life could keep you out of service as a CIA agent.
4. Get an education. All jobs with the CIA require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, though any advanced degree will up your chances of being accepted. According to previous applicants, a 3.0 GPA is the bare minimum for CIA applicants. A bit of good news for people wondering how to join the CIA — what kind of degree you have doesn’t really matter, though people with degrees in economics, math, science, and foreign languages are generally given preference.
5. Speaking of foreign languages — learn a few of them. You will probably not be accepted for a job with the CIA without fluency in at least two languages — English and the language of your choice. The most popular languages for CIA agents are Mandarin, Farsi, and Arabic — they are some of the world’s most popular languages and are the ones spoken in the CIA’s “hot spots”.
6. Apply for a job with the CIA online. Browse their website, pick a specific position you want, and submit your resume and other application information. You can do it all online, so the physical application is a cinch.
7. Be patient. In general, the CIA will contact you within two months if they are interested in you. Your initial job offer from the CIA will be what is called a “conditional” offer — this means you don’t quite have the job yet but are on your way.
8. Take the necessary medical and psychological exams. You need to be in good physical and mental condition and pass a drug test. The CIA will test your intelligence, personal judgment, and general mental stability.
9. Take a polygraph test. As a condition of employment you’ll be given a “lie detector test”. They’ll ask you general questions about your past, your plans for your career with the CIA, and especially about drug use and patriotism. By the way, you’ll be given periodic polygraphs if you’re lucky enough to be hired by the CIA.
10. Wait for a job offer. Understand that out of all people given a “conditional job offer”, less than 1 in 5 will be given a final offer. If you think you’re ready for a career with the CIA, accept the job and prepare for training.
Though the above ten steps are by no means definitive, they do give a good outline of how to join the CIA. If you’re under the age of 35, have a clean criminal and personal record, and want to serve your country as a civilian in the field of national security, a job with the Central Intelligence Agency is the highest achievement possible.
This message will self destruct.
Spy Base the Best Location to Buy Spy Equipment
There are many websites on the internet where people can purchase spy equipment. However, there is one particular website which not only sells the best spy equipment ever. Their products are much more than spy equipment, they are surveillance equipment; and the products can be used around your home. The name of the website is called Spybase. At Spybase.com you will find all sorts of security products that will help you feel safe. Our home is our Fortress of Solitude, and we do not want any unwanted intruders invading our space.
Surveillance equipment is used not only by government offices, but by private investigators as well. People usually refer to this type of equipment as spy equipment. There are many items that ca be purchased at a spy store, including hidden camera's, long range listening devices, surveillance camera's, and much, much more.
Spy Toys, Pens, Cameras, Glasses
These are not toys and are by no means intended as such, they are for very important jobs. People are getting used to seeing surveillance camera's and listing devices in many shopping centers and individual stores owned by very large companies. However, no one thinks about other types of jobs where people are investigating a criminal. The GPS tracking system helps them keep track of where the person is, at the moment. Listening devises are a great way to hear what is going on, by allowing you to listen in on their conversation. You may have heard and even seen some of this equipment being used by watching certain cop shows on T. V.
Spy equipment can perform many aspects of surveillance, such as telephone tapping, long range telescopes, and much more. The good thing about spy equipment is that anyone is allowed to use them. However, some places around the world, require that people and companies obtain certain permits in order to use them. Some places even require that a company inform the public that there are security camera's and other technologies at work in a particular area.
Let's take a look at what some features are on some types of spy equipment. The long range spy telescope is a clear lens telescope that can be hooked up to almost any type of camera. If a person wishes they can also hook it up to a monitor, for more detailed viewing. It allows the viewer to see from a distance of 5 meters up to 50 KM. This is the perfect piece of spy equipment to have, if you are viewing someone in another building.
Hidden Spy Cameras
There is a fully functional smoke detector that you can purchase from Spybase.com that has a working color digital video camera, and has its own built in DVR, which includes audio. It uses an Mpeg 4 with a sd 4 gb card. The system comes with a rechargeable Li-ion battery which will last up to 5 hours of recording time. There are no wires of any kind so people will think nothing of it being in place, provided there was one there before. It also uses a remote control on/off switch to begin your recording, and the camera has a 70 degree angle of viewing area. You will have to see this spy system to believe all the other features that the camera has to offer, and Spybase.com is one of the top places to purchase it. Many spy camera's also offer infra-red lens.
The GPS tracking devises are small and ultra thin; they offer a zoom feature, which will allow you to collect information all across the world. Many parents use this system to keep up with their children, especially the one's that are just learning to drive. Once the vehicle stops you will know in a matter of seconds exactly where the car is positioned on the map from your cell phone. The sensors send out signals to your cell phone every 5 to 10 seconds, so it is always possible to locate a person.
It does not matter if you are a professional or an amateur spy, you will always get the same great results . Some people put these GPS tracking systems on their own belongings so that in case something came up missing it would be easy to find.
If you are interested in any of the spy equipment that has been mentioned, or any type of spy or surveillance equipment be sure to check out Spybase.com. They can answer any questions that you may have and explain to you in depth any piece of spy equipment that they sell.